Effective August 1, 2018
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Through your interactions with the Platform, NIM collects “personal information,” which is information that identifies an individual or relates to an identified individual. Non-personal information means information that does not directly identify an individual. We collect both types of information about you.
The following provides some examples of the type of data that we collect from you:
In addition to the information that we collect from you directly, we may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties, business partners, our affiliates, or publicly available sources.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In addition to the uses described above, NIM uses the personal information collected in an effort to improve your experience on the Platform, to provide services to you, and to communicate with you about information that you request. NIM may also use personal information to help target specific offers to you and to help NIM develop and improve its services. Additionally, NIM may use your personal information:
- To identify you when you access and use any Sites or Applications.
- To administer Accounts.
- To provide services and content to our clients, which may include your employer.
- To provide you with products and services you request, or that maybe be of interest to you.
- To improve our services and product offerings.
- To streamline your checkout process.
- To send marketing and promotional materials, including information relating to products, services, sales, or promotions.
- To respond to your inquiries related to support, employment opportunities, or other requests.
- To conduct research and analysis.
- For internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationship with you.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Subsidiaries and Acquisitions. We may share your personal information with our corporate subsidiaries and divisions (g., affiliates, sister companies, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires any NIM subsidiary, division, solutions, or our assets, we will also share your personal information with that company.
- Other Disclosures with Your Consent. We may ask if you would like us to share your information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy, and we may do so with your consent.
- Public. Some of our Sites or Applications provide the opportunity to post comments, or reviews, in a public forum. If you decide to submit information at these locations, that information may be publically available.
- Partner or Client Promotions and Offerings. We may offer events, contests, sweepstakes, promotions, or any other offerings with third party partners or our clients, which may be your employer. The personal information that you submit through an event, contest, sweepstakes, promotion, or other offering may be combined and transmitted with the Registration Information related to your Account. Third-party partners may collection information directly from you, which may be combined with personal information disclosed by NIM. This information may be collected through the Platform or during a NIM Event. If you decide to enter into or participate in an event, contest, sweepstakes, promotion, or other offering that is offered by NIM, or a third-party partner or client, the information that you provide may be shared with us and with them. Third party partners and clients that use NIM products and services to collect personal information must agree to abide by the same principles followed by NIM.
- Service Providers. We may share your personal information with service providers. Among other things service providers may help us to administer our website, plan or facilitate events or travel, conduct surveys, provide technical support, or sending marketing, promotions, and communications related to our business, payment processing, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by law.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
NIM has implemented reasonable and appropriate security measures to help protect the personal information NIM collects from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Although NIM attempts to protect the personal information in its possession, no security system is perfect, and NIM cannot promise that your personal information will remain absolutely secure in all circumstances.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
NIM will retain your personal information as needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. NIM will retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with NIM’s business requirements, legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, and enforce our agreements.
DATA INTEGRITY AND PURPOSE LIMITATION
NIM limits the use of personal information to ways that are compatible and relevant to the purposes for which the personal information was collected or subsequently authorized or for which consent was obtained. NIM will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and current.
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to you, as well as targeted offers from third parties or NIM’s clients. You can stop receiving promotional emails by submitting a request at the contact in the “Communications” section below or following the unsubscribe instructions in e-mails that you receive. Clicking on an unsubscribe link will take you to a webpage where you can complete the opt-out process. Certain programs will provide a contact for support or other means to remove your name to remove your name from our contact list. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you transactional communications, such as those about your Account, to fulfill orders you have made, to ask you to rate a product you purchased, event you attended, or other service-related communications.
- Changes to Your Personal Information. We rely on you to update and correct your personal information. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law. All requests to correct your information must be directed to the contact in the “Communications” section below.
- Access to Your Personal Information. If required by law (for example, the EU General Data Protection Regulation), upon request, we will grant reasonable access to the personal information that we hold about a User. All requests must be directed to the contact in the “Communications” section below.
- Revocation of Consent. We rely on the processing of personal information that you have provided. If you revoke your consent for the processing of personal information, then we may no longer be able to provide you services. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity.
- Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize browser signals of tracking preferences, which may include “Do Not Track” instructions.
- California Residents. California residents may be entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for those parties to use for direct marketing. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of such notice, please submit a written request to us using the information in the “Communications” section below.
- European Economic Area Citizens. Where you believe that we have not processed your personal information in accordance with the applicable provisions of the EU General Data Protection Regulation, you may lodge a complaint with the respective EU data protection authority (DPA).
CROSS-BORDER TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
NIM safeguards and enables the global transfer of personal information in a number of ways. The following describes some of the protections that are taken with regard to data originating from certain countries:
- EU-U.S. Privacy Shield: Your personal data may reside or be processed on servers that are owned by trusted third-party business providers and who have agreed to handle the data in accordance with appropriate enterprise-grade confidentiality and security requirements, including the requirements of the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
NIM commits to cooperate with EU data protection authorities (DPAs) and comply with the advice given by such authorities with regard to human resources data transferred from the EU in the context of the employment relationship.
Questions, concerns, or complaints should be directed to our privacy agent as follows:
By phone: 239-275-9979
Attn: Julia Babair
NIM Research Corporation
8260 College Parkway, #104
Fort Myers, FL 33919
If NIM is required to contact you about your personal information we may do so by mail, phone, or email.